"Sustainable business – shaping the future": this is the guiding principle behind all our activities in the area of sustainability. Sustainable management is an integral part of our company policies.
We know that our long-term success can only be sustained if we balance value creation with responsible operations. This combination enables us to make a contribution to good quality nutrition and at the same time safeguard our natural resources for future generations
We are committed to the UN Sustainability Goals (SDG).
Sustainability is therefore our core focus. Our approach is holistic and takes economic, ecological and social goals into account.
As a result, our sustainable business activities are based on these three core concepts. All our activities are internationally oriented, because we want to make use of, and shape, the opportunities offered by open markets. At the same time, this commitment forms the basis for our long-term independence and scope for action.
- We produce high-quality food for the gastronomy sector, the food retail trade and the food processing industry. We use a range of resources to manufacture these products.
- People are the focus of our business activities. Our employees (m/f/x) guarantee safe, high-quality food.
- High-quality raw materials, specially tailored to the specific products, are another cornerstone in the manufacturing of our products.
- Our raw materials and packaging materials should be produced in the most sustainable way possible.
- We have started on the path to making Wernsing more sustainable. This requires the participation of all parties. Even small improvements can contribute to an improvement.
- We have an impact on our environment through our use of water, electricity, gas and fuels. This influences our so-called CO2 footprint, among other things. It is our responsibility to keep the CO2 footprint as low as possible. This is how we do our part to limit global warming.
- We are committed to making Wernsing more sustainable. This requires everyone's cooperation. Even small optimisations play a part in overall improvement.
Certified sustainable according to the ZNU Standard
Since 2017, we have been certified according to the ZNU Standard - Sustainable Business. This standard from the Centre for Sustainable Corporate Management at Witten/Herdecke University helps us to structure, process and further develop our sustainability management.
As a member of the partner network of the Centre for Sustainable Corporate Management at the University of Witten/Herdecke, we aim to create a better understanding of the importance of sustainable corporate management in collaboration with other companies.
You will find more information at www.znu-standard.com or on the ZNU homepage at www.mehrwert-nachhaltigkeit.de.
Wernsing has been climate neutral since the 1st October 2020
As the first company in the German potato processing industry, Wernsing took a significant step in its sustainability management programme in October 2020 by making the entire company CO2 neutral.
This success has only been achievable because the company began to address the challenge as early as 2002. The energy management system has been certified according to DIN EN ISO 50001 since 2007. The purchase of efficient production systems, the conservation of resources at all levels and the use of 100 % certified green electricity have been part of the company's sustainable management practices for many years. In 2018, we were already a 20 % climate-neutral company.
We conduct annual site climate assessments in accordance with the GHG Protocol in association with the certified ClimatePartner consultancy. We consistently seek to reduce and avoid emissions. We compensate for unavoidable emissions by supporting ClimatePartner climate protection projects.
For further information, see: https://fpm.climatepartner.com/tracking/13190-1906-1001/de
Wernsing – a climate neutral organisation with a comprehensive portfolio of climate neutral products.