"Sustainable business – shaping the future": this is the guiding principle behind all our activities in the area of sustainability. Sustainable management is an integral part of our company policies.
We know that our long-term success can only be sustained if we balance value creation with responsible operations. This combination enables us to make a contribution to good quality nutrition and at the same time safeguard our natural resources for future generations
We are committed to the UN Sustainability Goals (SDG).
Sustainability is therefore our core focus. Our approach is holistic and takes economic, ecological and social goals into account.
As a result, our sustainable business activities are based on these three core concepts. All our activities are internationally oriented, because we want to make use of, and shape, the opportunities offered by open markets. At the same time, this commitment forms the basis for our long-term independence and scope for action.
- We produce high-quality food for the gastronomy sector, the food retail trade and the food processing industry. We use a range of resources to manufacture these products.
- People are the focus of our business activities. Our employees (m/f/x) guarantee safe, high-quality food.
- High-quality raw materials, specially tailored to the specific products, are another cornerstone in the manufacturing of our products.
- Our raw materials and packaging materials should be produced in the most sustainable way possible.
- Through effective, far-reaching utilisation (yield) and minimisation of waste in our operations, we can significantly influence the environmental impact.
- Our use of water, electricity, gas, and other fuels influences our environment. This affects, among other things, the so-called carbon footprint. It is our responsibility to keep our carbon footprint as small as possible. In this way we play our part in controlling global warming.
- We have started on the path to making Wernsing more sustainable. This requires the participation of all parties. Even small improvements can contribute to an improvement.
PEPE – At Wernsing, sustainability has a name
We examine and analyse our products and processes according to “PEPE“.
PEPE steht für Produkte – Energie – Personal – Effizienz.
These are the most important aspects of sustainability for Wernsing. Products and Energy cover the elements of ecological sustainability; „Personnel“ looks at the social aspects and the area of „Efficiency“ deals with all areas related to economic efficiency.
Since 2017, we have been certified according to the “ZNU Standard – driving sustainable change!“ This standard, awarded by the Centre for Sustainable Leadership from the University Witten/Herdecke helps us to structure, process and develop our sustainability management programme.
We are a member in the partner network of the Centre for Sustainable Leadership from the University Witten/Herdecke, where we work with other organisations to develop a better understanding of the importance of sustainable management.