Wernsing Feinkost is aware of its social responsibility towards employees, trading partners and society. That is why we always act according to the maxim "grow together - learn from each other". Systematic training, promotion and continuous qualification through further education are just as important to us as the long-term loyalty of our employees and securing the employability of older colleagues.
One of the most important tasks of our managers is to encourage employees to take the initiative and to support them in building on their personal strengths. Internal and external qualification measures to expand knowledge are an important component of this.
Social commitment is another key component of our business activities, because we know that we can only achieve social and economic goals together. Wernsing has therefore dispensed, for example, with gifts to its business partners in favour of social institutions.
Respect and esteem for each and every individual characterise our dealings with one another, with customers and with social stakeholders. We take the concerns and wishes of our trading partners very seriously and always deal with them constructively and with a view to the future.
- With a ratio of approx. 10% trainees to normal employees, and over 100 trainees from the region, we are counteracting the shortage of skilled workers.
- We promote employee potential through further training initiatives such as master craftsman qualifications, parallel study programmes, language courses and professional training.
- We support social projects through donations and since 2018 we have had a social responsibility committee.
- Our staff retention activities contribute to the long-term loyalty of our employees to the company and to the sustainability of our products and our organisation.
- We cultivate a relationship based on partnership and trust with customers, suppliers, political groups and neighbours.
- Continuous improvement in our communication with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Combining our traditional values - a down-to-earth attitude, responsibility, stability and reliability - with the requirements of the modern working world such as family friendliness and work-life balance.